How to overcome the "lag" in target language listening?

I've been learning korean for six months and have noticed that whenever I try to listen to 100% korean without subtitles, my brain will notice words and recognize the words/phrases I know, but there will be a significant lag before I can comprehend the meaning. I wonder if this has to do with my study method, because I have focused most of my time (90%) on vocabulary acquisition through Memrise. Should I spend less time on Memrise and more time listening to address the lag? I guess the reason why I spend so much time on Memrise is because I'm hoping that by learning as much vocab as possible, I will increase my chances of recognizing words when I encounter them in text/listening.

submitted by /u/bluemoon123s
[link] [comments]

from Dia dhaoibh | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2C5Fg6Q
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments