Would immersing myself in a language even though I understand very little of it work?

To clarify more: I know the language's grammar, and I can understand a bit of its lexicon and the general patterns in it. What I lack is actual expiernce in the language (listening, reading, speaking, and hearing)

what I've been doing is watching translated movies I that language (from English). I can understand what the movie is saying, and at the sane time I can pause before actually hearing the lines, and I can pause to analyze and translate what I couldn't understand. Now this is a good way to improve my recognition of grammatical patterns, but I still feel like I'm loosing something by not hearing the language straight ahead.

I've tried watching TV in that language but I can hardly understand what's being said, I also can't pause like I could with the movie. Will I get used to that eventually? Ie. Will I start understanding it more as time progresses, or is hearing something you hardly understand not useful?

submitted by /u/mansen21
[link] [comments]

from Jó napot kívánok| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2QQHWro
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments