Restarting Croatian after a long time away from it- help?

I learnt some Croatian some time ago for a planned trip to the country for a history trip (which annoyingly never happened) and got to a point where I could deal with most of the basic touristy type of stuff like greetings, ordering in a restaurant or directions to places. I ended up abandoning it though due to time constraints (yay, dissertations). I never learnt the grammar though.

Skip to now and I'm really wanting to get back into it properly, not just in a touristy sense of learning set phrases or fill-in-the-gaps type phrasebook stuff but actually learning to use the language. This is making me wonder if I should disregard what I learnt previously and start from a 'clean slate' so to speak, which would IMO be better in getting me not just to recall what words are, but also to learn the grammar which I'm missing.

Thoughts?

submitted by /u/rabmfan
[link] [comments]

from Jó napot kívánok| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2PKmgzH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments