If I'm interested in several languages, should I study them at the same time or take turns?

Hello everyone, I have already learned 4 foreign languages (English, Italian, Russian, Japanese) but the thing is, I didn't learn them at the same time. Basically, I learned Italian from when I was 12 till when I was 15, then English (ages 15-17) then Russian (17-20) and lastly Japanese (21-26! the reason why it took me this long is because the difficulty of Japanese is infernal).

But the reason for why I took turns in learning them isn't because I willingly decided that I liked those 4 languages and that it would be wiser to learn them one at a time, I actually got interested in all of them only after I finished the previous one, I started to like English only after I became really good at Italian, and similarly I developed a fondness for Russian after finishing English, same thing for Japanese.

So as you can see, I have never tried learning more than one language at once, because I previously hadn't gotten interested in more than one foreign language. But now it's different, right now I'm absolutely in love with these five languages: Polish, Latin (I know that no one speaks it anymore expect for some church related people in Vatican like the Pope, but I still like the language), Greek, German, and French.

So, I'm asking people's advice here, has anyone here ever tried their hand at learning two or more languages simultaneously? should I study them one at a time and go to the next one only after I reached a certain level for the one I was studying at the time? Or is it okay to study more than one language simultaneously? And if it is the latter, how many should I study simultaneously? Two? Three? Four? Or all the five languages?

submitted by /u/Sahandi
[link] [comments]

from Jó napot kívánok| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2A0Mx2V
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments