How is learning a language any different from learning anything else? (instrument, maths, programming)

Hi,

I'm a bilingual English/French speaker. I've learned German and I have started to wonder if learning a language was actually any harder than learning anything else. It seems to me that learning a language consists of these steps :

- Understanding that you can not use your language's logic (being humble and not trying to rush basically, avoid Dünning-Kruger)

- Understanding the language's logic

- Learning the tenses, articles, basic vocabulary, auxiliary.

- Learning what doesn't follow the rules

- Practice a lot

I understand that some languages have a totally different mindset and/or alphabets but this falls under category 2 and 3.

submitted by /u/Lareln
[link] [comments]

from Jó napot kívánok| Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2DrAuA6
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments