Finnish or Swedish?

Hi guys, I'm currently a foreign college student in Finland and I have been considering learning one of these 2 languages. Both are official languages in Finland but Swedish is mostly spoken in smaller cities. I'm thinking of staying here after graduation to work so learning them will be beneficial for me (I have been trying to look for internship here but all of them require to speak Finnish or Swedish).

I have quite good English skills and I have heard that Swedish is almost like English so I'm more drawn to it. But after all, I still live in Finland so should I learn Finnish instead? I don't hate Finnish or anything but so many people I met here are kind of scared of Finnish. Some has spent 7-8 years living here and studying the language but still not fluent in it makes me feel intimidated.

I would like to know what do you guys think?

submitted by /u/thechubbyabby
[link] [comments]

from Cześć | Languagelearning https://ift.tt/2P3WMKq
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments