Committed to Chinese for 4 years and now feel like I maybe should have learned Japanese or both

Last year I did a research Internship at Tokyo University and I really liked it, didn't think much of it at the time because I have never been particurlarly fond of Japan, I'm not a fan of anime and japanese culture in particuliar and have been learning Chinese for about 4 years and have a C1 certification. I have always thought I was more of a Chinese culture person than a Japanese one.

This year I managed to reach my goal of being admitted to the best university in China with a full schorlarship and I started to attend about a month and a half ago, I was originally very excited since it's also my first time in China. Everything should be perfect but for some reason I keep realizing how much living in Japan felt better than living in China... And mind you at the time I spoke very rudimentary Japanese as opposed to being fully fluent in Chinese. And even with the language barrer everything just felt so perfect. I also love the life in China but my brain automatically compare everything to Japan and man I just miss it.

Was I wrong all this time ? I originally started Chinese for business opportunities and I still think that it's way more useful than speaking Japanese but man I just feel the need to live in Japan after I graduate, I guess im starting committing to Japanese. but damn I know that these languages take just so much time to master. I used to make fun of Japan weebs but I am starting to understand

(TL)

submitted by /u/Magnificent_Mat
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/iW5vQBe
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments