Always feeling like B2 is just out of reach

I have been at a B1 level in Spanish (TL) for years now. I take weekly immersion classes. I make mistakes and it might take me a while to say things sometimes.

What has been a little frustrating is that I speak and understand reasonably well in class with my teacher and peers. However, the moment I speak Spanish with a stranger, the pace of conversation becomes much faster than I am used to and it suddenly feels like I can no longer understand them. I also struggle with understanding Spanish movies or videos for the same reason.

There have been several times in the past few years where I can comfortably converse with others and feel like "finally, I have reached B2" just to be hit by reality soon thereafter.

I know I shouldn't be chasing a CEFR level. It's more of the principle of wanting to just converse without struggle that I am seeking, but at this point, it doesn't feel attainable. Anyone else experience this and have any advice on getting over this mental obstacle?

submitted by /u/IAmAnUncreativeGuy
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/znA9Mwt
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments