My fiancée and I are getting married in 2 months. She's originally from Nigeria; she understands Yoruba but doesn't speak it; I think her use of Pidgin is better but haven't seen her use it much either. I'm an American in Texas who only speaks English (with some knowledge of Spanish).
I'm looking at learning Yoruba long-term, but there's also Nigerian Pidgin (Naijá) that I could learn instead. Ideally, I'd learn enough to have some of it passed down to our future kids.
My question is, which would be better use of my time to learn: Nigerian Pidgin or Yoruba (TL)? And for either case, which apps or sources or methods do you think is best to learn either of them? (I've spotted apps like Nkenne, Fibony, iSabi, and Drops for Yoruba - only Nkenne has Pidgin to my knowledge).
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/OjFqs8y
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment