Why do I know words I don't remember learning? How do I achieve this for other languages I'm learning?
So my native language isn't English but my education was all done in English and sadly I'm better at it than my native language.
I never gave much thought to grammar and always did grammar tests based on what I thought was right and it worked so I don't have a good sense of grammar but I do love SFF books and I love prose even if I struggle in understanding lots of things.
But every so often I use words that I never remember looking up or even reading them but they exist and most of the time I'm using them correctly. Idk if that's poor memory or my brain being comfortable with english enough to have good language processing or passive learning if its that?
How do I achieve this with other languages I'm trying to learn though? My main languages of interest over the years have been urdu (TL), arabic and japanese (TL), as well as some german.
I know Urdu and lots of Japanese verbally but when I try to read I'm not registering the words as much and hurrying through based on what I know from context and verbal knowledge instead of being sure I'm reading things correctly. Is this just a learning phase where I just need to read more and more but slowly? Or is there something wrong with my methods? I use online dictionaries a lot while reading Urdu and Japanese. What tips would you have for me?
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ycE9OGB
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment