What languages have the best anthems in terms of sentiment and tune?

What languages have the best anthems in terms of sentiment and tune?

Help me make a collection of the finest anthems!
Dw i’n dod o Gymru - I come from Cymru (TL) (Wales)
And I’ve been looking into our anthem, both illustrating and translating the words.
Aware that I stand from an extremely bias standpoint I have been struck by how fine an anthem ‘Hen Wlad fy Nhadau’ is. Not just by the fact that it seems to strike an emotional chord for people who are not even Welsh but also in terms of the words being concerned with song, poetry, beauty in nature, sacrifice, freedom and have the absence of the colonial sentiment.
I am also conscious of course that we in Cymru have a defensive history on the colonial front and if history had allowed and we had been of grater power then the anthem might have sounded different. But as it stands, we have a beautiful anthem that you can sing without any strangely aggressive or xenophobic sentiments.

So that’s a long winded way of asking the question which other anthems give this same sense of good sentiment and emotionally powerful music?
It’s not a rhetorical question. I’d love to know!

Diolch bawb. Thanks everyone.
From Joshua Morgan, Sketchy Welsh

submitted by /u/SketchyWelsh
[link] [comments]


from Language Learning https://ift.tt/cofDqw5
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments