What do you do when you’re doing too much?

Obviously - do less, but deciding what to do less of is the hard thing. I’m learning Greek and in May got a distinction in the A2 cert.

I would consider myself now to be probably low B1. In the last few months I’ve gradually added things to my routine little by little and have recently started to feel a bit overwhelmed and tired. I think I’m doing too much.

The reason I think this is I’ve had two tutoring sessions recently where I’ve just not been very focused, and having decided to take next week off due to a family event, I feel a sense of relief. I think this is a bit of a sign.

My routine:
* Weekly 1:1 class
* X2 weekly conversation exchange call (20 min English, 20 min Greek)
* Twice monthly native speaker group meet ups
* (Soon) weekly group class

This is alongside reading, listening, doing homework, and going to Greek owned cafes in my city where I usually get some practice in.

I also work full time in a corporate job. I think what’s difficult too is I’ve worked so hard to build all of this up, and most of it is community based. I’m also concerned I could be wasting an opportunity to make a big step forward with my learning. Eg a high conversation exchange partner imo is like having an extra 1:1 class.

What’s funny with the group class is it’s the least ‘efficient’ way of learning for me. I learn very little in a classroom, but it’s something I really enjoy from a social perspective.

submitted by /u/Fun_Suggestion6270
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ybatQ0H
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments