So, I am currently doing the free trial, studying Spanish (TL).
I took one class. It was fairly good. A1.2 on verbs. Me and one other student so I got a lot of time to answer questions. I feel I did well, but then in the comments the teacher recommended I go to A1.1. Sure, to get it from the beginning, since I haven't really studied Spanish in formal classes before.
I didn't understand most words on the slides. I'm a bit surprised A1.2 you're expected to do even better than I did. I could introduce myself with full sentences, understand most of what the teacher said, answered a majority of the questions correctly, but the thick text on the slides, I got the gist but not every word.
Then the second class I had coming up was canceled last minute. I traveled back home so I could take the class, booked that off my schedule. And there is no compensation?!?! It's just canceled, and you have your credit returned, and that's it?!? No additional credit??
And... the selection of classes is a joke!! There is supposedly this whole curriculum of a 50 different lessons or so for A1 but the platform only makes a select few available in the week. So it is impossible to go in order, and do chapter 1, lesson 1, chapter 1, lesson 2, etc. I want to do regular verbs in the present, and that should be one of my first classes I think, but I have to wait several days for that class and then it's only on particular times too. I could wait a month or more before finding the regular verbs class on the day and time I want. Is there no way for the student to initiate a class on the calendar?!?
I'm not paying for this if I cannot choose what to study. I want to focus on particular grammar classes, specifically verbs. I can get my general conversation outside of class (as I am in a Spanish speaking country at the moment). I want Lingoda for grammar and asking teachers questions. But there seems to be no choice.
Anyone else find this?
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/C10AYZP
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment