Using 12 Step programs (such as alcoholics anonymous) to learn languages.

I've been attending a 12 step program for a while now and now looking to get involved in meetings and with people within the program that use my target languages (TL).

I've thought it would be an interesting way of learning a language for a while now as many members will often share about their lives and emotions. Members will often hear the same terms being used frequently, potentially making it easier to get to a point where they can understand a very high percentage of want is being said.

I've not been able to find anything online that talks about language learning in this context and curious to know if others here have any opinions or experience with it.

Just to be clear, I'm not suggesting anyone join a program to learn a language but more for people already in these programs to utilise their time there to better their target languages.

submitted by /u/NotRickyWong
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/SUndKeP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments