Looking to learn a lesser studied language and need advice.

For context I have been studying and speaking both Russian and Spanish for the past ten or so years, and have a firm grasp of each of the languages. At the beginning of this year I started learning Swahili and mandarin, and am making good progress with those. Now, I want to start studying a lesser studied language and narrowed it down to five.

  1. Burmese
  2. Macedonian
  3. Khmer
  4. Dzhkonga
  5. Kazakh

I understand some of these languages have lots of speakers but in my region of the world these are not studied on a regular basis. My top two are Kazakh (I know basic Uzbek and fell in love with language from Central Asia after a short trip to Tashkent), and Macedonian but I am fascinated by the Burmese script. Any advice would be much appreciated, especially if you’ve studied or know any of these. (Honorable mention is Cherokee but I don’t know if I want to learn that one quite yet).

submitted by /u/454ever
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/qsEgFNy
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments