Looking for tips on working on entonation/accent

Hey folks, I'm fluent enough in Spanish (TL) to say that I don't have to worry to much on vocabulary or sentence structure since I got that covered with reading and some flashcards for advanced words.

One of my main goals is to sound more "native", in this case, more Mexican. I know the slang and the intonation, but what wondering what specific exercises do folks do to push themselves to sound like they are from a certain region of a country when they speak the language (If that makes sense). I read the FAQ and can't seem to find what I'm looking for.

I hear folks say that heavily exaggerating the accent helps so do y'all think reading a book out loud while focusing on that exaggeration could help? Thanks!

submitted by /u/Lalillo2003
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ACdEnxQ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments