Learning approach debates

I think a lot of learning approach debates just come down to different people's learning styles. For example I'm really good at pattern matching, grammar for me is a breeze, but somehow words are in one ear out the other, so I have to adjust my methods for that. If I was to tell someone who has my opposite problem (easy word recall but grammar comes slowly) about my learning methods, it would backfire.

I'm mentioning this not to say people shouldn't look into some of the objectively best learning methods, but rather to say that putting in some time to self reflect and observe your own progress, motivation, and challenges is invaluable. So many resources are fairly dogmatic about what is "best" and it's important to try to find out whose "best" works for you.

submitted by /u/UnexpectedPotater
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/QxyXWMv
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments