Is it just me or are HelloTalk and Tandem basically Tinder 2.0 now?

i'm genuinely trying to learn French (TL) and I've been going back and forth between HelloTalk and Tandem for years now and I'm lowkey kind of losing it lol

very often I open either app someone's asking if I'm single or wants to move to insta after three messages or just sends hey and nothing else. like I'm not here for that. i genuinely just want to practice.

the worst part is when I actually find someone nice. Had a really good convo last week with someone super patient who actually corrected my mistakes, and I was like alright finally. then boom, disappeared from the app...

idk like, is there anything out there that's actually about learning and not about meeting people (in a romantic way)? or is everyone just putting up with it?

submitted by /u/andreecostaa
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vECAhux
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments