So I learned German ( TL ) till b1, I have a certificate too(ik certificates are nothing).
When I talk to people I understand everything. But when it’s my turn to say something I start my sentences and bam, I am looking for a word, when I have the word I don’t know how to integrate it into the sentence and when I have finally found a way to integrate it, my word order gets fucked up and I end up speaking gibberish that either the person understands or misunderstands, nothing in between.
My wife is a native speaker of German, born and raised German, I can’t talk with her much because after sometime it gets really awkward and I feel embarrassed to speak German with her and get tired. She also waits and gives me time to repeat my sentences correctly or help me fix it after I speak wrong.
I don’t know what to do afterwards because after she has corrected me, because in flow of talking I have already forgotten the correct version.
I don’t know, this all is not very motivating and I’m seriously thinking if I will ever be able to integrate here in Germany or am I gonna end up one day as an immigrant who could never speak fluently. It scares me because I wanna go to university in Germany and study to secure our future.
I am 23, and a coworker told me, it’s too late to be fluent now, if only I moved to Germany at 14 or 15, it could have been possible. This has filled me up with self doubt.
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/B63gVnc
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment