How to not feel discouraged after being stuck at a level for so long

So I’ve been living in a Spanish speaking country for a couple of years, but I hadn’t started taking things more seriously until this year. I‘ve been at B1 for a year or two but am not close to B2, and it feels like such a huge amount of stuff I need to learn. Like I’m slowly scaling a mountain because I only have my pinky finger or something

I was also stuck at A2 for a couple of years when I first moved here, but managed to get through it somehow without studying (my grammar was horrible though). But this is starting to feel like it’s going on forever, and I have to put in so much work just to see a little dent of progress. I do italki, I study/practice multiple times a week. I try to watch some media tho there’s not a ton I’m interested in, but I make an effort. and it just feels so overwhelming

Then another thing is the talking, I practice so many times a week and I’ve been told I’m improving, but I can feel myself making dumb little mistakes still and it really feels like fluency is so far away despite studying for so long. How do you not lose your mind?

A big thing to note is that for me, my quality of living depends on improving my Spanish (not any English speakers here) so it’s very frustrating to be stuck for so long 😭 Or hear myself make a very obvious mistake in the moment. I hear a lot that I should focus on my progress, but it’s hard to when it impacts my life so much

submitted by /u/ProfessionalRock7903
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/NZ4bU78
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments