How do you manage learning/retaining multiple languages?

Sorry idk how to do the flag thing. In any case, I learned Spanish for 10+ years. Our prek/1st grade made us saying by 2050 all of California would be Hispanic. I am Vietnamese American but sad to say I know more Spanish than Vietnamese. I can speak some viet to get by abroad but not much. So I have a viết tutor to learn how to read and write and speak lol. Also started learning khmer for my possible fiance and her family (cambodian natives). Over the years I never really spoke or read much Spanish so I am slowly forgetting a lot even tho in school it was my best subject. Also dabbled a bit in Russian and Japanese (nothing serious like tutor wise. Just duolingo and memrise).

So TLDR, how do you brush up on old languages you learned or know due to ethnicity as well as continue to learn new ones? I do t have any meaningful hobbies so id like to make language learnjng one if it doesnt burn me out. I meet with my Vietnamese tutor 2 days a week and then khmer tutor 2 days a week. I really dont want to add another tutor...

submitted by /u/Equivalent_Remove155
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Elb2Uk4
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments