Hello everyone, first time poster!
I am trying to learn (TL) Japanese, I have been since I was 12-13.
I am a 28 year old. Born and raised in canada,
but my family is from spanish descents.
Because of how I grew up, my parents would speak in Spanish and I would reply in English.
I already have difficulty with spelling, grammer, and reading in spanish
But being able to speak it just fine. Fine as in child level speaking but enough, where no matter what language, English or Spanish, I could understand them.
So I'm trying to get back into learning Japanese and I'm trying to write it and I just feel like I cant grasp it as well.
BUT
Speaking Japanese and listening to Japanese I do okay in, when I was in japan I was able to ask things and ask locals for help (with a little bit of Google translate to help with the big words)
I was able to listen and understand what was being said and my partner would read out loud what the sign would say and I would be "Oh thats what that says"
Is anyone else like this?
Or am I just a weird nut over here?
Thank you in advance ✨️
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/V9dTXMf
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment