I'm looking for an app for my homeschooled son, not with the intent to be the sole language method, but to give him exposure to different options and let him practice them over the next year.
The plan had been for him to start Spanish this year, through an online course, but when looking at the worksheets and book, he had a meltdown/shut-down. He does not handle stressful situations at all well and the intimidation factor of all that's involved in learning a language was too much.
So I thought maybe letting him play around could be a good option. He picked Spanish just because, no actual motivation. Maybe a different language would be more appealing as a (TL), but he'd need some low-stress exposure to decide.
I just saw the seemingly big sale on LingoDeer for Back to School, but I don't know if it's a truly good deal versus their normal prices, or if it would be a good fit for the goal. Would DuoLingo Premium be a better fit? (I used that a few years ago and the Premium option took away the stress of the cost of errors, but I went in with several years of French under my belt, not as a beginner.)
He's a very literal-minded kid, if that makes a difference.
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/BAPaids
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment