Anyone else had a motivation spark before learning their TL?

What I mean to say is if anyone else had a moment in their life that was the core reason why they wanted to learn a certain language; now most ordinarily it may be stuff like you want to learn the language of your partner for example Mine were quite different: For English, my main motivation stemmed after I started randomly chatting with an English speaker on a mobile phone game app, it was the first day after I had gotten my first English class in elementary school and I ran to take my notebook and chatted with the few phrases I had. (Literally stuff like How are you and What's your name but it built a road onto a giant English learning phase in my youth) For German, I had a long distant relationship with learning it, this was because it was forced onto us in highschool and I didn't want to learn it; even as recent as 2 months ago, even though I was thinking of learning it, I still had a bit dismissal. This changed when I read Heinrich Böll's The Clown, I don't know why but German literature is the core reason why I started wanting to learn German out of nowhere! For French, it was mostly because of French composers that I wanted to learn French, and also because a lot of people in my university town speaks English and so I needed to journal in a different language lol What about you??? Did you have a language learning motivation spark out of nowhere too? PS: I'd also say this motivation spark also happens while you're learning another language, like a motivation to just learn more and more languages comes out of nowhere! (TL)

submitted by /u/Select-Marsupial-341
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ktvTbs4
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments