Hello, long-time lurker just starting to post on Reddit!
I've been studying (TL) Korean for well over a decade now and Japanese for just about a decade, but my writing skills in both are not where I want them to be. Japanese was my undergrad major, but none of my classes ever involved actually writing in the language, and since the JLPT doesn't require it either, I never had to practice writing. As for Korean, I've attended multiple language schools in South Korea, did my undergrad here, and am currently working on my Master's, so while I do have some experience with high-level writing, I haven't really put any focused effort into it for a few years now (the course I'm attending doesn't involve much writing).
In an ideal world, I'd find an actual teacher to work on this with, but I can't afford it right now. I'd consider doing a language exchange, but 1. I've never been particularly successful with them in the past, 2. I'd rather work with someone who has experience writing at a professional level, and to be honest, I'm not sure I'd be able to reciprocate in English at the same level, haha, and 3. I can't count on the whims of my motivation/attention span to write consistently.
So I'm toying with the idea of using an LLM to get feedback, but I'm a bit wary of the quality of corrections I'd get.
Have any of you used AI to help with C1/C2-level writing? If you have, was there a certain model you would recommend? Also, any other tips to improve in writing would be greatly appreciated! :)
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/nRyo0Ct
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment