Unfortunately I want to study both French and Japanese and am currently at a sub-beginner level with both (tl;dr did French immersion kindergarten, and never reached N5 with Japanese). I don't find anything particularly exciting about French but it would be SO useful for my career development and in daily life (live in Canada, lol)... I find Japanese so much more fun and interesting though, and have an interest in Japanese language media (obviously). But it's so imminently useless in my everyday life that I feel like I should be doing French instead, and have ended up doing neither as a result of that :/
My profession is also quite dependent on technical writing skills and specific regional legislation/regulations so it's not like I could easily start learning with the idea to aim for work in Japan... lol. Whereas fluent French would open up an insane number of job opportunities for me and even occasionally be useful in my current position. It's literally even prohibitively expensive to travel to Japan from my current location, but I could get on an hour long ferry and go to a French colony today if I wanted LOL
Idk, anyone here ever face a similar dilemma, and if so what did you end up doing?
Don't even get me started on how I kind of want to learn Spanish just cuz my partner speaks it, even though it would be even more useless to me otherwise... lol
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/sE2UnyX
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment