I am at a lower intermediate level right now. I want to get through 1500 hours of native (TL) content through the following procedure:
Watch new content without subtitles
Pausing when I don't understand or can't hear something
Trying to figure it out and if I can't or am unsure I look at TL subtitles.
If I'm still unsure I look at NL subtitles
Keep watching
I rewatch everything I had to keep pausing for everyday until I can comprehend without pausing
I put the timeframe I can comprehend without pausing in Anki and rewatch according to when it comes up on Anki.
Repeat steps 1-7
What I would like to go through is:
300 hours worth of movies that are set in modern day and the geographical area where my target dialect is spoken
300 hours worth of generic podcasts/radio
300 hours worth of news
300 hours worth od educational content
300 hours worth of movies set in the olden days (this offers a deeper understanding of my TL specifically)
I am also in a quite fortunate position whereby things like speaking 3 languages in one sentence, having a conversation where each person is speaking a different language, etc etc is normal in my country, so it is very easy for me to just say what I can say in my TL and speak my NL the rest of the time and keep speaking my TL more and more as my vocabulary increases until I am no longer speaking my NL anymore. I do this every day too.
What do you think the results of this entire process will be?
[link] [comments]
from Language Learning https://ift.tt/DhbSQUR
via Learn Online English Speaking
Comments
Post a Comment