Struggling To Retain Information

I’m trying to learn my boyfriend’s language (TL) Hiligaynon, but since the Philippines has so many languages that vary by region, I’m learning Tagalog due to a severe lack of resources to learn his.

I have bought workbooks, used flashcards, and purchased a story book in the language that has English text beneath it and an explanation of key words; I even watch shows, movies, and listen to music to feel more familiar with the language.

Nothing I do is sticking. It’s the equivalent of in one ear and out the other. I have even downloaded apps and it’s the same thing. I’ve written down words and grammar rules because writing usually helps your brain retain information better… except it doesn’t seem to help mine.

What on earth am I doing wrong? or am I doing it right and just need to commit and keep up with it?

submitted by /u/Nitpicky-LuckyDucky
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Z16bLSU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments