How do you recall the phrases you've collected while speaking?

Someone told me that if you want to become fluent, it's better to collect and memorize chunks rather than individual words.

So far, I've completed the first step. Over the past two weeks, I've collected more than 700 natural phrases from podcasts and TV shows.

Whenever I hear a sentence that I think I'll actually use in future conversations, I write it down.

The problem is that I have no idea how to recall these phrases while I'm speaking. I recognize many of them when I hear them, but they don't come to mind naturally during conversations.

How do you train yourself to actively use the phrases you've collected instead of just recognizing them?

My goal is to reach C1 speaking proficiency in (TL), so I'd really appreciate any advice from people who've successfully gone through this process.

submitted by /u/Delicious_Intern_751
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/gtVvawn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments