Feeling Disheartened and Isolated In TL

FYI. I would say I'm about A2 level currently in Spanish (TL) A lot better at listening than talking or writing.

I just recently moved to Mexico to take on a family business and came with no Spanish, It's been 2 months and I'm being told to learn quicker so that I can get shops down and manage them.

The thing is, I work all day with people who don't speak and English and sometimes it feels like I don't have the time to translate everything they say and even remember it while working. I put an incredible amount of effort into trying to connect and I will go out drinking with the workers but I feel like I'm slowly pushing along a wall that's falling on top of me and Im having constant headaches.

I get some relief when talking to family who can speak English here but they still will speak in Spanish most of the time and I dont blame them to be honest as I cant imagine always having to speak a second language around someone you barely know.

I just want to know does it get easier? Is there any other ways I can speed up my learning? Will I stop constantly having headaches from all the new information or will I deal with it for a year until I can understand

submitted by /u/Senior-Battle8846
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/6SVx2MY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments