Is there a such thing as learning too many languages?

I am a native English speaker and looking to learn a new language to support my career path. I’m interested in learning Swedish as I want to work there in a few years but am also keen on learning Turkish due to my family and friends. I would also like to potentially learn more after that. I think I’m a bit naive when it comes to learning a new language so have 3 questions.

• Can I learn 2 languages at once? Especially 2 which I believe are very different styles? • Will understanding a certain language make it easier to learn another? • Can you learn too many languages that it all becomes a big middle in your head?

submitted by /u/No-Lie-7561
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/vnmL4SH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments