Problem with using new vocabulary

Hi! I am currently having a problem with learning new vocabulary and idioms. On the one hand, the process itself is not really difficult (I use flashcards and it seems to work for me), but it is actually problematic to use newly learnt things in my speech.

So the problem is that I learn new words or idioms, I can understand them when I read or hear them, I can usually even use them when I write, but the moment I try to come up with some words to express myself in the best way, I either say something primitive, or I get stuck thinking and remembering things.

So, to make a long story short, I just can't naturally put what I've learned into my speech.

Also, this problem is actually something that needs to be solved because I need to pass the exam.

I would really appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/lucky__joel
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/KoQ4sBN
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments