AP Grammar?

I made a post in r/italianlearning about adverbs, and was told that most of the words I listed were known as “adverbial locutions.” So that got me thinking, what other “complicated(not really, just not many people know what they are)” terms and rules about grammar and syntax should I know about?

I asked one of my friends(monolingual) how he would rate his grammar skills from 1-10. He said 7, and then he was like “do you agree with that? How would you rate your skill?” I said 4, and he was like “damn, that’s tough.” I asked him “ what’s a definite article?” And he quickly changed his answer to a 3.

Does this count as “grammar” skills? Probably not, as there’s only one definite article in English. Was it kind of funny? I would say so.

submitted by /u/Certain_Pizza2681
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/LWmrPkx
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments