Going to live in my TL country for 4 months. How can I make the most from this experience?

I will be moving to Germany (TL) on the first of October and I will be staying there until the end of January.

I'm going with one of my friends that is going there for Erasmus so I said why not since it's a one time experience, so I'm going with her as well. She's learning german as well.

I have a close connection to this country since I've been working with people from germany for a few years (remotely, online job) and we're really good and close friends. I'm basically the only one that isn't from germany in the business, so I feel like that learning the language could help me a ton.

Since the start of the year I've been serious about it, I basically know the entire grammar at a B1 (at least that's what the book says) and overall I think I'm just a A1 going for A2.

The main reason we're going of course is to learn the language and get fluent at it. The grammar isn't the issue for me, it's the lack of vocabulary and the listening. German people speak really fast and I can't understand them 95% of the time. This terrifies me.
On the other hand, I can understand about 50/60% of written stuff.
I also love listening to german music and I do it daily.

Would it be realistic to reach a B1/B2 level by the time we leave? With that I mean being able to understand 100% of what's being written and said, and speak in an ok level. If so, do you have any tips for what I could have the highest chances of reaching my goal?

(Background: I'm a native Italian, and I'm C1 in english.)

submitted by /u/ItsMeDharmey
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/6VTGxZ1
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments