What has more practicality for the future? French or Portuguese?

I'm a 2nd year university student in the US who speaks English and Spanish, and am at a crossroads on the 3rd language. I see French as a valuable language due to its international reach in Africa and Europe, but I've recently seen Portuguese's potential as well. Brazil is a member of BRICS, a rapid growing economy, a desired language by the US government (they even teach it in the military academies), and similar enough to Spanish where I can pick it up rapidly (I already am in a Portuguese course for Spanish speakers). I'm looking for external input; maybe someone knows something I don't. Between French and Portuguese, which language has the most potential for one interested in working internationally?

submitted by /u/oportunidade
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/VxAjG5y
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments