is it still possible to change my accent?

I learned english from an unbalanced combination of social media, movies, books and school. I've managed to aquire a vast vocabulary and just recently a C2 certificate from the CAE, but while I can communicate just fine on paper, my accent is a combination of different american dialects mixed with my native accent (from northen europe). I'd really like to have a so-called "posh english" accent, but is it even possible for me to have that accent naturally anymore or am I too late? Or can I just force myself to speak that way perpetually? Is hiring an accent-coach my only option?

For the record I have absolutely no natural talent for faking different accents, making this problem that much harder for me to solve

submitted by /u/holyhell4377
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/t2ieOVP
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments