Do you need to be a certain level to find a language partner?

Hey, I have always struggled to find a permanent language partner. I am predominantly learning German but also have interest in Japanese, and hebrew. And I'm very beginner in all of them. My current learning tools are music and Pimsleur for German. I've noticed with finding German language partners that I've had a hard time learning much from them. It kind of feels like they don't want to teach me or help me learn the basics. And many German speakers are already almost perfect at English. They're coming to me to polish their minor details, and I am struggling to tell them the time lol This isn't to say anyone has ever been rude to me. Never. Just more like things fizzled once they realized how beginner I was. Especially since I get nervous when talking and actually using German to people,(more than I do by myself) and make even more mistakes. I wonder if it's best to find a language partner who is at your target language level in your native language and vise versa. And if so, would this be almost impossible to find with German speakers? Should I wait and keep learning more German before I try and make German(or any target language) friends again?

submitted by /u/Big-Investigator7801
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/MdZbNtV
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments