100 days until the C2 German exam. How would you prepare for it?

I started learning German about four years ago now during my Bachelors degree in Canada. I really enjoyed it, so German Studies ended up being one of my majors, and I progressed from A0 to C1 by the end of my degree.

I could write 5000 word literary analysis papers in German, and I took graduate level German literature courses taught entirely in German. By the end of my Bachelor's degree, my profs signed off on a document stating that I had a C1 level for the purpose of working as a Fremdspracheassistent (FSA) in Germany.

I've been living in Berlin for the last four months working as an FSA at a Grundschule and I realized that I would like to have the option to work as a Quereinsteiger in der Lehrerberuf, but I do not have an official document from the Goethe Institute attesting to the fact that I'm C1, let alone C2 (which is a requirement to teach in a Grundschule).

Why didn't I take a C1/C2 test earlier? Well, it's bloody expensive to do those tests as a student, and I didn't want to take a Goethe exam while dealing with a full university courseload.

Anyhow, I plan to take the C2 German exam on the 7th of May, which gives me exactly 100 days including today to prepare for the C2 exam. I've never taken a test from the Goethe Institute before either.

For those of you who have attained the C2 GSD, how did you study for it? Are there certain things that you wish you'd known before taking the test yourself?

Thank you in advance for any advice provided.

submitted by /u/Razwog
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Mqb2vre
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments