I am at C2 in English but I still struggle with listening sometimes

My SO is a native English speaker and we communicate in English only. It's been more than six months that 90% of my life is in English. I consume content in English everyday: podcasts, videos, tv shows, movies, music, etc. However, there are times that I still struggle to understand him. This happens because sometimes he doesn't enunciate as well or because he uses slang or very complex words. But, other times it is because my brain just seems to be "off" and I really struggle to understand right away even very simple interactions. This doesn't happen to me in my first language and he says that this doesn't happen to native English speakers. What can I do to improve my listening skills at this level?

submitted by /u/zpnnws
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/bSrUGYH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments