What’s the most effective way to jumpstart learning with intensive classes over a few weeks in-country?

Kinda hard to explain what I mean in the title. I’ve been thinking about taking a few weeks to travel to a country where a target language is spoken, and spend 2-3 weeks in the country studying in person with tutors/teachers as much as possible to learn as much as I can while in immersive environment with the ability to practice using the language in the streets before returning to the United States. Of course I would want to start the language before traveling, so that I would arrive in the country with at least the basics down and hopefully be able to leave feeling conversational and having had some cool experiences with native speakers. For reference, I’m a native English speaker and I learned Spanish while living in Latin America years ago. The language that interests me most at the moment is Turkish.

submitted by /u/BuzkashiGoat
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/g6aoklU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments