The FAQ, sidebar resources , and people of this sub saved me

I’ve always been one to constantly try different services or methods and easily get frustrated. I never took the advice of the FAQ or sidebar resources. I never really spoke to anyone on italki consistently.

Recently I had the realization that the successful language learners in this sub are the ones that find comprehensible input concerning topics that interest them, dive into that input source many times, take note of what they struggle with and then apply it in their own writings or conversations with native speakers. I’ve been doing this for a few weeks and my goodness have I improved. It’s tough at first but really is this simple. It also gets easier!! Now it’s fun!!

Ive spent maybe 10% of my daily time on stuff I used to lean on heavily like ANKI, Glossika, grammar drills, stuff like that. Ive replaced the intense drills and flashcards with reading while listening and italki. It’s so much more fun this way.

I’m really happy that I accepted that you have to put in the time and effort doing it this way rather than expecting to learn language soley through SRS and drills. Also super greatful for people on this sub pushing people to just jump on italki or something else and break the ice. Thanks homies.

submitted by /u/slickfred
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/WMsVjem
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments