Prepositions, prepositions

Prepositions (and, in some cases, postpositions!) are hard. We all know this. It’s taken years of diligent study, but eventually I’ve been able to conquer them in some of my TLs.

But beware… the prepositions have come for my native language! There’s no escape! I now find myself saying nonsensical sentences such as these:

The book consists in twelve chapters.

I want to travel in the entire world.

There are three children to my friend.

Have you ever made a slip in your native language that you wouldn’t normally make, influenced by an oddball adposition in your TL?

(Here’s the translated sentences in case anyone’s curious:)

El libro consiste en doce capítulos.

Je veux voyager dans le monde entier.

友達は子供が三人います

submitted by /u/ikatako38
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/e6OshFB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments