Multiple learning apps at once, worthwhile or wasteful?

I've been studying Spanish on Duolingo for some months now. Long enough to recognize that a mobile app alone isn't enough. Long enough that I can start to go dig into Spanish children's and YA books now, and watch some TV shows with Spanish subtitles.

I also have free access to Mango Languages through my public library, and use it a lot in "audio only" mode when I'm in the car. Duolingo is bit more motivating (I'm a sucker for the gamification aspects, even though I know that's not for everyone). But it's interesting to pick up on subtle differences in what Mango teaches.

The app with the best reviews that I've seen is Babbel. I'm tempted because there's a promo on lifetime membership... and not to flex too much (!), for the moment I'm in a good enough place that I could treat myself to something like that. However, I go back and forth between temptation, and thinking that three apps at once might be kinda silly and more distracting than helpful.

What are your thoughts? If you assume that you can take cost off the table, then is it "the more the merrier" or do you think it's a negative to spread your attention around too much?

submitted by /u/BadMoonRosin
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/zMSickF
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments