Language Learning and Engineering Career Experience

Hello all, I was wondering if there are any people here that work for companies that aim to teach natural languages. I'm trying to get an idea of what it's like to be a software engineer or data scientist at companies like Duolingo, LingQ, DeepL, or any place similar to them.

I went to school for Aerospace Engineering for all the wrong reasons, then worked for a defense contractor as a systems engineer, primarily in a data analyst role of intertial navigation data, for the last 3 years. I was miserbale and so I quit in early July. I've always wanted to learn spanish and until I started thinking of quitting, I always put it off. I've been learning now for a good bit of time, and I'm just loving every bit of it. I can see myself working as an engineer in a role that helps people feel the way I have felt so far from learning. Context of the work really matters to me. I want to have a positive impact on others. This is something that really excites me and makes me happy. If people could message me and help a dude out, I'd deeply appreciate it.

P.S. I'm going to ask this question elsewhere but decided to do it here first. I can feel peoples passion when I read posts here and thought it be the best place to start.

EDIT: I'm not trying to get a job from anyone, just insight. Thanks :)

submitted by /u/slickfred
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/n8GO9EY
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments