Immersion Tips?

Hey everyone,

In two weeks I will be moving to Taiwan to study Chinese for 9 months. I really want to become as close to fluent as possible while there, so I was wondering if anyone has any tips to maximize on this experience.

Just for some background, I am pretty much a complete beginner. I will be studying strictly Chinese for about 4 hours a day, 5 days a week. I will also be living with a Taiwanese host family.

Honestly, the main thing I am really focused on is the speaking and listening aspect of language, because I think that will be most beneficial for what I want to do in the future.

I already plan on starting to listen to Chinese music and watching kids shows in Chinese. Does anyone know any kids shows on youtube that have traditional subtitles?

I was thinking of maybe volunteering somewhere so that I can really get face to face experience with native speakers.

Any other suggestions on how to make the most of this experience? Thank you!

submitted by /u/lenova1234
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/BYvUuw8
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments