I want to improve my English vocabulary. Should I take the same approach as the one I’m using to learn Japanese?

I’m a native English speaker learning Japanese. To learn Japanese, I’m using Anki, specifically, using the i+1 card method. So on the front I have a sentence, on the back is the reading and the definition of the word I was having trouble with on the back.

Should I do the same for the more advanced English vocabulary I run into? I’m asking because I’m not sure if there would be a faster way to learn and memorize these words as an actual native, not as a second language learner.

Or, because I’m a native, would it be better/ideal to just have the word by itself with no context in the front of the card, and have all of the definitions on the back?

submitted by /u/achshort
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/eyiAmSW
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments