how to start learning a very niche language?

Hey everyone! New here.

I have lots of Chin friends from Burma and I've grown an interest in their culture and language and would like to learn.

However there aren't many resources online and if there is, it's mostly for Chin speakers learning english. I wanna learn either the Hakha or Falam dialect.

Also, it's hard to simply learn from my friends because I live really far from them (I don't see them often) and I don't just wanna use them to learn a language.

Fortunately there seem to be some resources online.

Where should I start?

Grammar? Vocab?

How?

Kind of lost on where to start. Don't just wanna memorize phrases you know If anyone could help me out I'd appreciate.

submitted by /u/Wild_Insect5648
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/bU9dj5w
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments