Careers with languages

Hi! I’m working towards a BA in languages (french + mandarin) and i’ve done a trinity tesol with the hopes of getting into teaching along the line. but doing the certificate i didn’t ever feel like teaching agreed with me and it feels like my whole plan will need to change.

i always had an idea that teaching could be something to pursue or even to use as a launchpad into a new place where i could pursue a different career but i’m not sure if i enjoy teaching at all or would be a good teacher either.

I was wondering if anyone knew any careers with languages to recommend? (not translating or interpreting). I was looking into speech therapy because it looks like a field i would really enjoy and i’m studying more about language in the brain and linguistics, but i feel like everyone considers my degree a one way ticket to translating interpreting or teaching :( does anyone have any advice or wisdom from various fields? how did you put your languages to use in your career or did you at all? what jobs would you suggest for someone with my interests? thanks !!

submitted by /u/onwiyuu
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/WNRVr16
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments