About the marketing of certain apps and the ankiUIphobia in this subreddit

It is no surprise that certain complains and 'questions' began to appear no more than a week ago.

Complains such as 'Anki's UI is ugly and outdated.' and questions such as 'Which app has all the features anki has but it is not anki?'

And at the same time, a youtuber released a video which is constantly being reposted here with titles asking 'WHO IS EXCITED FOR X!?'.

In my opinion, and I could be totally wrong, this is cheap marketing for the app from said youtuber which I refuse to name.

Now, u/CloakedInBlack reposted the video(once again) saying:

"X was originally created out of a need to make Anki better. I personally loved Anki but the outdated UI, avalanche of cards to return to after eventually getting demotivated from using it and the poor UX (without adding a bunch of addons) left much to be desired. "

This cleared all my doubts.

If your app is better than anki when it releases, then great! I would be glad to try it out, but this is not the way dude, I have seen at least 10 posts about how anki looks ugly in the last week. And how 'people' creates misinformation about what you can or cannot do with anki, lying about how difficult it is to create cards and using certain features.

It makes literally no sense, anki is fully customizable with html and css, it is the whole anki philosophy, being able to customize everything, from the algorithm itself to the look. If you care so much about how the app looks instead of what is the purpose of using such tool, then your whole mindset is wrong.

And I'm not defending anki because they pay me(they don't), I couldn't care less about it It is a free tool I been using for a long time, and I see unfair that someone new comes to this subreddit and gets scared of anki or something like that, avoiding such a good tool.

I am getting paranoid? Thanks for coming to my TED talk. o/

submitted by /u/AstianKone
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/yFkv0LG
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments