A Tip For Listening!

So something I “discovered” recently to help my listening in Chinese and German is to memorize episodes of tv shows. I then watch them again and again for listening practice. I recommend watching it without subtitles first though.

By memorize I mean just watching it over and over until I know it. At some point I obviously won’t need the subtitles at all and it feels amazing.

Listening to it over and over even when you know everything in it is still SUPER useful. I didn’t think it would transfer to other episodes and into real life but my listening skills have easily doubled by doing this for a month. Just listening to stuff you know, especially at native speed, tunes you in to the languages intonation and how they say things in general. You truthfully don’t even need to know EVERY word in the episode as that would be too hard. Just being able to separate each word in your head when you hear it is great practice.

Podcasts are good too if they have transcripts! Especially cause you can listen to those while doing other things.

submitted by /u/Squidwahrd
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/klyadsi
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments